Pages

Friday 25 July 2014

We Were Liars Book Review

After reading this book, I could easily say that this is my favourite book so far. If you don't already know this book is basically about the Sinclair family, who are beautiful and rich and get whatever they want, also the people called Gat, Mirren, Johnny and Cadence are in there own group called the liars and they spend every summer together but on summer fifteen something happens to split the liars up, and that's all I can say without spoiling anything

This book was really surprising because I wasn't actually expecting to like it as much as I did, I went into this book knowing absolutely nothing at all because the synopsis is so vague, all it says is, We are liars, we are beautiful and privileged, we are cracked and broken, a tale of love and romance, a tale of tragedy, which are lies? which is truth? you decide. The characters in this book are fun and enjoyable to read about, first there's Gat who's just really sweet and has a "sort of" relationship with Cadence. Then there's Mirren who pretty much lies about her whole life because she goes on to everybody saying that she has a boyfriend and she goes to his house all the time and has "Sexual Intercourse" constantly but none of that actually ever really happens. Lastly there's Johnny and I don't really have a full opinion about Johnny because he is not really mentioned that much in the book to know that much about him.

I love the layout for this book as well because this book is set out in five different parts, Part 1: Welcome, Part 2: Vermont, Part 3: Summer Seventeen, Part 4: Look, a fire and lastly Part 5: Truth. Also this book has short chapters which I really like when reading a book because it makes me read faster for some reason. Also when its time for a new chapter instead of starting a new page, if there's room on that same page then they will put the chapter on that page.  Not many books do but this book has a family tree in it and it also has a map of beechwood island in Massachusetts This book is only 225 pages, so it won't take you long to get through, so if you want to pick up and read a book that will give you all of the feels and an unexpected twist at the end then I recommend you read "We were liars".

1 comment:

  1. Hey I have nominated you to do the Liebster Award! Check it out here: http://clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award_29.html

    ps would love it if you checked out the rest of my blog :)
    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete