Pages

Sunday 17 August 2014

Asylum Book Review

Today I will be reviewing Asylum, I read this book just over a week ago and so far this is one of my favourite books, I have never read anything from Madeline Roux before but I think now I need to. This book is about a college student called Daniel Crawford and his college dorms are in an old asylum ground, first he meets these two friends called Abby and Jordan. He had a picture of an old man with the eyes scratched out and his roommate Felix told him about the abandoned basement, so Dan and his friends go down in to the basement every night and then Dan starts having these creepy nightmares, people keep dying in the school and this book is really Awesome. There is a sequel to this book as well coming out next month called sanctum and I will definitely be reading that because there is kind of a cliff-hanger and the end of this book.

The characters in this book are cool because Dan, Abby and Jordan are all amazing characters to read about because there sooo funny and because there so amazing you feel sorry for the characters when they are in trouble or whatever happens to them. I liked Felix at the beginning because he is nice to Dan and he is really quiet so you don't really hear much from him but then I hated him at the end of the book but I'm not going to tell you why because I will spoil the end of the book for you all. I like Madeline Roux's writing style because she made the book creepy at some parts in this book, especially the ending but there were some parts in this book where it was quite slow, but don't let that put you off because this book is amazing I just think that she could have made it better and less slower.

I hope you like my review for this book and hopefully if you haven't read this book I hope you pick it up and if you have read this book then I hope you pick up the sequel next month if you enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am very intrigued to know why your opinion on the character Felix changed towards the end of the book. So intrigued that I am going to read it myself and I will let you know what I think when I have.

    ReplyDelete